this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail
Just follow these steps:
- If some children do not know
how to do a Sword Drill then first of all explain why the Bible
is the Christian's sword.
- First of all have all the children
close their Bibles and hold them by the binder.
- Shout "Sheathe swords" - at this
the children should put their Bibles under their arms.
- Shout "Draw swords" - the children
should now hold their Bibles in the air with straight arms.
- Tell the children a book, a chapter,
and a verse of the Bible, and have them repeat it after you. For
example, "John chapter 3 verse 16."
- Once the children have repeated
the reference, shout "Charge" - the children should now try to
look up the verse as quickly as possible.
- The first one to find the reference
should shout out the first few words from the verse. In our example,
this would be, "For God so..." (KJV). You could also have the
children stand up when they get the verse to make it clearer who
- This child would then come out
to the front and would keep their Bible open at their verse. They
are now in the final.
- Repeat this until you have 4
or perhaps 5 children in the final.
- The children should then read
their verses and within these verses there should be a word which
is the same. The rest of the children should listen to the verses
to try and guess the common word.
- Once the children have read their
verses and someone has guessed what the word is, have a Sword
Drill just for the finalists.
- The first one to get the verse
should shout out the first couple words as before. This child
has then won the sword drill and should then read out this verse.
| Meetings | Beliefs
| Location | Speakers
| Prayer items | Youth
resources | Links | Guestbook
and maintained by Stephen Renton
E-mail: Wemyss Bay Evangelical Church